- My 2013 Academy Award predictions:
Best picture: Argo
Best Director: Spielberg. Weak director list this year. Spielberg wins it because, well, it's Spielberg.
Best Actor: Daniel Day Lewis
Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence
Best Supporting Actor: Tommy Lee Jones. Toughest category to predict this year. Also the category with the most talent.
Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway. Lock of the night.
- Why the HAL 9000 sang Daisy towards the end of the movie 2001:
- When did Americans lose their British accents? It's the opposite way around. Until the 1800s, the British sounded like Americans:
- Best and worst countries to be born in. Normally, if America wasn't at the top of such a list, I would argue America should be at the top of the list. Not any more. America's crushing debt and relentless spending addiction probably no longer makes it presently the best place to be born:
- Why making robots is so damn difficult:
- Why New York City drops a giant, shiny sphere every New Years Eve:
- Solutions to the top ten kitchen annoyances: