- Not everyone should go to college. Some economists believe that the "college for everyone" mentality actually hurts the economy:
- Last weekend Alec Baldwin tied Steve Martin for the most times hosting Saturday Night Live. Baldwin and Martin have now hosted SNL 15 times each. To me, Martin will always be the ultimate SNL host, but I can see why Baldwin has tied Martin. Baldwin is younger (Baldwin is 51, Martin is 64) and Baldwin does impersonations.
Alec Baldwin first appeared on SNL in April 1990. Baldwin's first appearance may be the strongest SNL show ever. Every sketch was clever, well-acted and full of memorable dialog. If you can track it down, I highly recommend watching it. This is how SNL use to be, and how SNL should be. In the meantime, here is a link to some of Baldwin's best moments on SNL:
- Five myths you should not believe:
- Why are American federal elections always held on the first Tuesday in November?
- Are you age 30 to 45? Besides your family and friends, very few people probably had as big an effect on your life as Jim Henson. Henson died 20 years ago. I shutter to think about what life would have been like without Kermit and Ernie. An excellent article about Jim Henson, and an article about six of the best peripheral muppet characters: