- When you run on a treadmill, you try to keep your speed the same as the treadmill, so you don't slip off the treadmill or move too far ahead on the treadmill. What if an airplane on the ground did the same thing on a treadmill? Could the airplane get off the ground?
- While playing a game of cards, during the first hand you announce to everyone that you have an ace. Later in the night, during another hand of cards and playing the same card game, you announce that you have the ace of spades. For which hand did you have a greater chance of getting a second ace? It seems like they would be equal, but they are not:
- U.S. States that might have been:
- I watched a TV show on National Geographic last night about what would happen if the earth stopped rotating after a few years. The bottom line: you're dead. Yes, even you. Fascinating stuff. You don't realize how much of our survival depends on the earth rotating at roughly 1,000 MPH. The earth is very slowly losing its rotation. The earth wont completely lose it's rotation for another 28 billion years. The earth is due to be swallowed by our Sun, which turns into a red giant in about a billion years, so I wouldn't get too worked up about it:
- Facebook figures for the United States: