- I am tired of people comparing the war in Iraq to Vietnam. The two are completely different. The war in Iraq is going much better than the war in Vietnam ever did. The next time some crazy left-wing nut (also known as a moonbat) gets in your face and tells you Iraq is another Vietnam, quote him or her the statistics from the following website:
- Imagine this...your nine year-old son or daugther is in the championship baseball game for his or her local town little league. Your team is guaranteed a win if you walk the other team's best player, then pitch to the worst player on the other team, but there is a problem...the worst player on the other team has cancer! What do you do? It's a tough moral question. This exact situation came up in a little league game in Utah last summer. Read the following article, and then comment on what you would do. What would I do? I would have walked the best player on the opposing team, and pitched to the cancer kid. After all, I have to think about the 20 players on my team who worked their tails off during the regular season to win the championship. The needs of the many outweight the needs of the few:
- The 10 creepiest television commercial icons of all-time. I absolutely agree with #5:
- Sunday, August 13th was left-handers day. How do you determine if someone is left-handed? There is no hard-core rule. I use the simple rule of which hand do you write with. If you write with your left-hand, you are left-handed. Here is just a small list of famous left-handed people, and two websites devoted to celebrating left-handers day:
Thomas Jefferson (the declaration of independence was written with a left-hand!)
George Herbert Walker Bush
Ross Perot (that's right. All three presidential candidates from 1992 were left-handed.)
Clint Eastwood (at the end of Dirty Harry, which hand does he use to throw his badge into the pond?)
Bruce Willis (watch Die Hard again. Which hand does he use to hold his gun?)
Jerry Seinfeld (remember the check-signing from the Super-terrific happy hour?)
Mark Hamill (Which hand does he use to throw the rock which brings down the gate on the Rancor?)
I write left-handed, but I use my right-hand for various tasks:
I throw right-handed.
I bowl right-handed.
I golf right-handed.
I play tennis and ping-pong left-handed.
I throw darts left-handed.
I drive right-handed.
I smoke left-handed (I would burn myself if I even tried to smoke right-handed.)
I eat left-handed.
I tie my shoes left-handed (people get creeped-out when they watch me tie my shoes.)
I drink left-handed.
I use scissors left-handed.
I kick with my left-foot.
I talk on the phone left-handed.
I play NTN trivia with my right-hand.
I use my mouse with either hand.
- 20 reasons why college football is better than pro-football. I love both, but I really do prefer college football. I love his comment of "history demands that Michigan must win." You cant fight history!
College Football versus pro-football
- More Iron Man real-world technology. A mechanical exoskeleton that can increase your strength ten-fold!
- Over 50 years ago Alan Turing devised a test for checking if a computer is truly artificially intelligent. It's appropriately named The Turing Test. No one has yet to create a machine which has actually passed this test. Computer scientists debate whether any machine will ever pass this test. I think someday a computer will pass this test, but such a computer still will not be artificially intelligent. Instead, it will simply have so many possible responses stored in its memory that it gives a human-like answer no matter what you ask it. Read more about the Turing test here:
- Have you ever noticed that the floppy-drive inside your computer is labeled the "A drive" and the hard-drive in your computer is labeled the "C Drive." What happened to the B drive? Why skip the letter B? Here's why: